Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Can the garage hold any more horns?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member analog addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2007
    Posts
    521
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Can the garage hold any more horns?

    Guess I'm gonna find out....

    What would be the smallest room I would need to really get the most out of these?

    We are getting ready to build, mancave basement included, and at some point I'm gonna need to ask for opinions on how to get the most out of all of my Altec gear, which is really starting to accumulate...

    16


    17

    18

    19

    20

    21
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Analog Addict - Jack of all Trades, Master of None
    Searching for Sonic Nirvana...

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member analog addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2007
    Posts
    521
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Can the garage hold any more horns?

    Almost forgot...



    22



    Maybe the mower needs to go.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Analog Addict - Jack of all Trades, Master of None
    Searching for Sonic Nirvana...

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member valhallax's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2006
    Posts
    542
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Can the garage hold any more horns?

    the mower is deffinetely garage equipment, the horns need to go in the living room..
    the big white horns altecs? vir? cutoff frequency? i can see those sitting right here in the living room..yep
    "those sounds to which no definite pitch can be assigned are usually classified as noise"<br />harvey fletcher-1928

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Leland's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2009
    Posts
    110
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Can the garage hold any more horns?

    Hey, that looks like mine.

    Where are you going to build?

    And a second on "what are the white horns?"

    Looks like some tweets on top of the horns in the living room shot....??

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member gvasale's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2005
    Location
    Webster, Ma
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Can the garage hold any more horns?

    the white ones are Altec, too. I don't have my catalog handy, but they are Altec. OOPS, catalog was closer than I thought. Could be VIR or VIT. They are in the 1990 catalog. Maybe other catalogs, as well. 400hz-16khz with 299-8a

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Can the garage hold any more horns?

    Hey analog,

    I know where there are 6 more of those MR horns in your neck of the woods with drivers and bass cabs.....


    Altec Lansing Horn Drivers Speakers JBL HIFI Audiophile VOTT HUGE

    If those cabs have what I think ,, that whole set is price right too.....I think he would work on the price

    Thought about riding up there to grab them , but I all ready have 4 loaded 817's cabs and 4 MR horns with drivers not in use....


    I talked to guy with the above speakers, but he hasn't told what the 15's are....


    -chris

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.